Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fair Warning, All Ye Who Enter Here: If Ye Have Six-Plus Legs - And Are Not A Butterfly or a Lady Bug - Abandon Hope

I have made no secret of my general dislike of most creatures of the insect persuasion.

Some of them creep me out.







Some of them boldly invade my home every spring as if they own the place.











Still others pester me to the brink of insanity.








 


In fact, I am firmly convinced that the Universe sends all manner of said Creepy-Crawlies marching into my humble abode purely for Its own fits and giggles. (And for the record? I am not amused. Do ya hear that, Universe? Not. Amused.)

It was, therefore, with great joy that I discovered that June is:

Fight the Filthy Fly Month.

And now, mere days after this fortuitous revelation, serendipity: June's first Worthy (?) Opponent has just this afternoon dared buzz across my threshold.

Bring it, Filthy Fly. I'm ready...