Thursday, February 5, 2009

Philosophy for the Traveling Masses

One of my favorite things to do on long car rides is read bumper stickers. So lately, when I see a funny one, I scribble it down (only if I'm a passenger, of course). Here's my List of Vehicular Words of Wisdom so far: 

 I'm only speeding 'cause I really have to poop.

Not so close! I'm not that kind of car.

Well. That was fun. But short. 

So I turned to the web to see if I could find a few more to add to my collection (until our next road trip), and it did not disappoint: 

Isn't a smoking area in a restaurant like a peeing area in a swimming pool?

It's not how you pick your nose but where you put the booger.

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

Cannibals won't eat clowns...They taste funny.

"Reintarnation:" Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

I child-proofed my house but they still get in.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

What I really need are minions.



And there it is - my fledgling List of Vehicular Words of Wisdom. If you've come across any bumper stickers that gave you a chuckle - and remember, family show here - drop me a comment and tell me all about it, so I can add it to the collection.