Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Fudge-y Dilemma

June 16 is National Fudge Day, and I really, really, really want to celebrate it. 

I do. 

But I can't. 

Because I can't for the life of me make fudge. I have tried many many times, burning more pans than I care to discuss and filling my house with the stench of burnt chocolate so many times that I finally just gave up. My only recourse when I have a fudge craving is to: A. Buy some at the store, or B. Put in a call to Mom. 

I have to be honest - I never choose Option A. But this time I don't have the luxury of Option B. See, I forgot to call and ask her and now it's too late because she lives four hours away from me and National Fudge Day is tomorrow and it would never get here in time and besides all that she's out of town and I really prefer homemade... so I guess I'm stuck.  And I- What? Did you say fudge snob? Hmmm.... Yes. Well. Probably so. 

Aaaanyhoo, is there an Option C? Let's look... Why, yes, there is! Tomorrow is also... oh. Fresh Veggies Day. Yeeeeeah... I, uh, well... Here's the thing: I like vegetables and all, but they just don't stack up to fudge in the "Gee, I Really Want to Celebrate This" category.

Alrighty then. I'd better look for an Option D. Aaaahhh. There it is. Last on the list for tomorrow: No Orange Clothes Day. Well, it's not tasty, but it'll have to do. Option D it is, then.

(But man, I really did want that fudge! Oh, well... there's always next year...)