Monday, June 23, 2008

I Wonder...

Some of you out there like to take a gander at the Wacky Holidays list in my sidebar. You just gotta wonder - since these are genuine, honest-to-goodness, on-the-books holidays - who makes these things up, and how on earth did they get to be official?

I mean, take a look at June 22, which was (among other things) Stupid Guy Thing Day. Now, before any of you guys get all bent out of shape, I don't make these holidays...I just list 'em as I find 'em. But back to my thought...

So, June 22 was Stupid Guy Thing Day

And what is today, June 23? Yes, yes, it's National Pink Day, but stay with me here. Focus! What really makes you go "Hmmmm..." is that it's also...

...Let It Go Day.

OK, OK, everybody say it with me: Hmmmmm... (Yeah, you've got that song in your head now, don't you? Things That Make You Go Hmmm... c'mon, I know there are some other C+C Music Factory fans lurking out there!)

And, then! Get this - tomorrow, June 24, is...

...drum roll please...

                ...National Forgiveness Day.

Coincidental?

Intentional? 

I wonder...